Here are some things that Doctor George needs to make sure you know. When you read Doctor George's column,you agree to accept the following:
1) Doctor George is not a physician or medical doctor and he does not give any medical advice or answer any medical questions. For answers to medical questions please contact a physician or medical doctor.
2) Doctor George's answers represent his professional perspective. They're not advice, per se, nor are they meant to take the place of psychotherapy or the advice or treatment of a psychotherapist or physician. Please seek professional assistance whenever appropriate and whenever you have specific psychological or medical concerns.
3) Although Doctor George's answers are in response to specific questions, those questions are a springboard for discussing a variety of topics and issues, and for Doctor George to share his perspective in those matters. In that way, Doctor George's answers are only for general informational purposes and are not intended for any specific individual.
4) Entering the Doctor George's website does not create, establish, or constitute a doctor-patient relationship with Doctor George, nor does the submission of any questions or communication in any manner (via email, U.S. Mail, or any other form) create, establish, or constitute a doctor-patient relationship with Dr. George.
5) Related to the aforementioned, you are responsible for your own interpretation of what Doctor George says, and it is incumbent upon you to determine whether it might or might not be appropriate to your particular situation. Thus, if you do decide to take an action that is based on or inspired by Doctor George's perspective, you agree to hold Doctor George blameless for any results: good or bad. If the advice results in your making tons of money, or in some other way benefiting, you are not obligated to give Doctor George credit or provide a percentage or commission. Likewise, if your actions result in a loss, you are obligated to not hold Doctor George culpable.