|A Reminder of the Legal Stuff|
Sorry for hassle but, for legal reasons, Doctor George needs to make sure you know that when you read his column or submit a question, you agree to accept the following:
1) Doctor George is not a physician or medical doctor and he does not give any medical advice or answer any medical questions. For answers to medical questions please contact a physician or medical doctor.
2) Doctor George's answers represent his professional perspective. They're not advice, per se, nor are they meant to take the place of psychotherapy or the advice or treatment of a psychotherapist or physician. Please seek professional assistance whenever appropriate and whenever you have specific psychological or medical concerns.
3) Although Doctor George's answers are in response to specific questions, those questions are a springboard for discussing a variety of topics and issues, and for Doctor George to share his perspective in those matters. In that way, Doctor George's answers are only for general informational purposes and are not intended for any specific individual.
4) Entering the Doctor George's website does not create, establish, or constitute a doctor-patient relationship with Doctor George, nor does the submission of any questions or communication in any manner (via email, U.S. Mail, or any other form) create, establish, or constitute a doctor-patient relationship with Dr. George. For this reason, you agree to only submit one question to Doctor George.
5) Related to the aforementioned, you are responsible for your own interpretation of what Doctor George says, and it is incumbent upon you to determine whether it might or might not be appropriate to your particular situation. Thus, if you do decide to take an action that is based on or inspired by Doctor George's perspective, you agree to hold Doctor George blameless for any results: good or bad. If the advice results in your making tons of money, or in some other way benefiting, you are not obligated to give Doctor George credit or provide a percentage or commission. Likewise, if your actions result in a loss, you are obligated to not hold Doctor George culpable.
6) By submitting a question, you are agreeing to have it published (in all definitions of the word: electronic, print, etc.) and in all mediums (including websites, newspapers, magazines, periodicals and books), and presented as Doctor George deems appropriate (in its entirety, edited, verbatim, combined with other material, etc.), with whatever Doctor George's deems appropriate as an answer.
7 Your question will be published anonymously and Doctor George may substitute a pseudonym in place of your signature (such as "Worried About My Relationship"). Doctor George will not intentionally reveal your identity unless required by law.
8) Doctor George will do his best to answer your questions but, due to the volume of questions he receives, you accept that he might not be able to respond. If you are in need of immediate or emergency assistance, please contact someone who can provide timely treatment.